Reshape and Lift the Breasts With Plastic Surgery
A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a surgical procedure that can help lift sagging breasts in women and redefine the shape and contour of the breast muscles. A breast lift addresses a range of problems such as drooping breasts, loss of skin elasticity, sagging nipples, and overstretched areolas. Every year, thousands of women undergo successful breast lifts to enhance the contours of their body and boost their self-confidence.
When to Consider a Breast Lift
You should consider undergoing a breast lift procedure if:
• Your breasts sag after giving birth or nursing
• You’re suffering from lack of firmness due to hereditary factors or the aging process.
• You have recently lost a lot of weight and the skin around your breasts is starting to sag.
• Your nipples point downwards and your areolas appear overstretched.
• Your breasts have become elongated in shape or appear pendulous, lacking volume and elasticity.
• Your breasts look different from one another — one may lack firmness while the other may look normal.
If you have completed your family and are not planning on having any more children, it is the ideal time for you to have a breast lift. If you are expecting to have children in the future, you might want to delay the treatment for some time.
Common Myths Associated With Breast Lifts
Breast lifts do not increase your breast size. It is primarily used to reshape and redefine the contours of one’s breasts to make them look more firm and appealing. If you desire to increase the size of your breasts, you should consider undergoing a breast augmentation in addition to a lift for improved results.
Benefits of Undergoing a Breast Lift
• Your breasts will look tighter and and more firm.
• Your new look will help boost your self-esteem and improve your confidence.
• Your breast will look more symmetrical.
• Your breast will look perky, youthful, and alluring.
Depending on your medical condition, you will be subject to either local anesthesia or intravenous sedation. During the surgery, the underlying tissues of your breasts will be repositioned to improve the contours of your breast.
Your surgeon will lift your nipples and areolas to a higher position and tighten any overstretched skin that is causing the breast to sag. After reshaping your breasts, your surgeon will close the incisions.
Recovering from the Breast Lift
Immediately after the surgery, your surgeon will apply dressings and bandages to the incision areas. After the operation, you will be required to wear a surgical bra to help reduce swelling and improve your overall results.
While you are recovering, you should refrain from bending too much or lifting heavy weights. Your sutures will be removed from the breasts after a few days and you can return to your normal routine life after a couple of weeks.
If you experience numbness, sensitivity, or itching around your nipples, do not get anxious as these symptoms are a normal part of the recovery process. They will subside quickly and once you are completely healed, you will be able to enjoy the alluring contours of your new body.
Contact Our Office
To learn more about the procedure, contact the Plastic Surgery Institute of Dayton to set up a consultation. Our surgeons are highly skilled and ready to assist you from start to finish.