Latisse® – Eyelash Enhancement
Conveniently located to serve Columbus, Cincinnati and Gallia County
LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or insufficient eyelashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker. Apart from improving the length and volume of the eyelashes, Latisse can also enhance the overall appearance of the eyes by making them look brighter, younger, and more rejuvenated.
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR LATISSE
Latisse is a great option for you if you’re tired of applying eyelash extensions and mascara and are looking for a longer-lasting and more natural solution. Since false lashes can cause new damage to the lashes, they are not an ideal option.
The best candidates for this eyelash medication have eyelash hypotrichosis, a condition in which there are bare patches in the lash line due to eyelash loss. Patients who have short, brittle, pale, or thin lashes are excellent candidates for Latisse treatment.
HOW SHOULD I USE LATISSE?
Follow these steps to use Latisse properly:
- Remove your contact lenses.
- Clean your face thoroughly, removing any makeup.
- Ready a sterile applicator by placing a drop of the Latisse solution near the applicator’s tip. At this stage, you should be holding the applicator horizontally.
- Draw the applicator along the skin directly above the upper lash line. If some of the solution is accidentally applied elsewhere, blot it dry with a tissue.
- Follow the same procedure for the other eye, but with a new applicator. Remember to dispose of the old applicator.
- After around 15 minutes, contact lenses can be reinserted.
There is no need to apply Latisse to the lower eyelashes, because blinking naturally transfers the medication to the lower lash line.
Latisse is to be used once nightly for sixteen weeks. After four weeks, many patients start to see results, and after sixteen weeks, full results are evident. Once this time has passed, it will be necessary to start a new course of treatment in order to ensure that Latisse’s effects do not fade.
CAN I USE AN APPLICATOR MORE THAN ONCE?
Patients must not reuse applicators. Using a previously used applicator can cause problems, especially if the applicator was previously used on eyelashes that had any sort of contamination.
Instead, patients must use a new sterile applicator every time they apply Latisse. It must then be disposed of, and a new sterile applicator must be used for the other eye.
HOW MUCH DOES LATISSE COST?
The cost of Latisse varies depending on where you have your prescription filled. The price of Latisse is not covered by health insurance providers.
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
Latisse® is prescription strength and can only be purchased in a doctor’s office. Please contact us and schedule your consultation for details regarding Latisse® in Dayton.